New Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9+
Samsung launched the new Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ in February of 2018 at the Galaxy Unpacked event in Barcelona. It was a perfectly planned launch just a day before the Mobile World Congress (MWC), and hence the launch garnered more attention. Samsung seems to strongly believe in “don't fix it if it is not broke” and that's why both devices look identical to their predecessors. However, there are major changes on the inside.
One of Samsung's key messages with launching Galaxy S9 is that it is “built for the way we communicate today.” But it can be difficult to communicate with somebody if you do not have contacts from your previous phone transferred to the new one. It is a very common problem where when people buy new devices; they are unable to transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung Galaxy S9.
So, they end up with no contacts in the new phone and aren't able to reach out to anyone. We have all kinds of information on our phone ranging from cute pictures of our puppy to bank account information. Losing such kind of information can not only be stressful but can also cost us heavily.
If you are a proud owner of the new Samsung S9, then the first step is to start setting up your phone. But, if you had an older Samsung model as your previous phone and you have to transfer data from your old phone to new one, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we will help you by explaining you in simple words two different ways in which you can transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung Galaxy S9.
Part 1- Transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung Galaxy S9 via Samsung smart switch
One of the easiest ways to transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung Galaxy S9 is by using Samsung Smart Switch. But that's not the only feature of the software. You can use it to transfer other types of data as well, like music to notes, text messages, pictures, and videos.
There are more than one ways to use Smart Switch. By using the Android app, you could either transfer through a USB, or you could do it wirelessly. This is a quick and safe way to transfer the contents from your old Samsung to Samsung S9. It is also available on both Windows as well as Mac in the form of software that can be easily downloaded through dedicated websites. In this way, you can easily transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung Galaxy S9.
Smart Switch was made with the intention of making it easier to transfer contents from one Samsung to other. For example, if you have to transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung Galaxy S9, it is easily doable through the Android app. Just follow the steps to get it done quickly.
1.The first thing to do is to download the app from play store on both the devices. Then, launch the app on the two devices and choose the mode of transfer. You can either transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung Galaxy S9 wirelessly or through the USB cable.
2.Here, you will be asked to select the source device you have. In this case, it would be the old Samsung Android phone.
3.You will also be asked to select the receiving device as well, which in this case would be the new Samsung S9. Now, pair both phones together.
4.In order to establish a secure connection, they will ask you to match the PIN before initiating the transfer process.
5.Now, you just have to choose the data type you want to transfer, which in this case are your contacts. You can easily as well as quickly transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung Galaxy S9.
6.After you have selected your contacts, tap on the finish button. The transfer will now automatically be initiated.
7.You just have to wait as the new phone starts receiving data from your old Samsung phone. This is the part where if you have chosen data to be transferred, then the phone will transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung Galaxy S9.
8.You'll be informed when the procedure is successfully completed. You can now disconnect the wire if you were using USB and can now start to use your device as you wish.
Part 2 – Transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung Galaxy S9 Fast & Stably using dr.fone – Switch
dr.fone – Switch is a better alternative to transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung Galaxy S9, including other data like messages, gallery, call history, videos, calendar, applications, audio, etc. With this program, you can create a simple backup and later on restore it to your new Samsung S9 or S9+ device.
Features of dr.fone – Switch
- It is secure, fast, and easy to use.
- It runs on iOS devices that support the latest iOS.
- Move data between different operating systems like iOS to Android.
- Transfer anything from contacts, pictures, notes, videos, to text messages
- Transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung Galaxy S9 in 1-click.
- It supports over 8000+ Android devices and is compatible with all the models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
These are only some of the features of dr.fone – Switch. You can get to explore all its features when you actually use it. This program is compatible with numerous Android smartphones. It is a reliable and safe way to transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung Galaxy S9.
Take a look at the steps through which you can transfer your contacts from your old Samsung device to a new one.
1.First, you have to download and then install the dr.fone – Switch program on your PC. Then, launch it and choose the ‘Switch‘ option from the home screen in order to go ahead.
2.Now, you've to connect your old Samsung phone as well as your new Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9+ to your PC. Ensure that you've turned on USB Debugging on your phone to confirm that both the Samsung devices are connected successfully to your PC.
3.Now, select your contacts and click on ‘Start Transfer.'
4.All your contacts will be moved from your old Samsung smartphone to your new Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ within a few minutes.
Part 3: Comparison between the two methods
Going through the above-mentioned methods can be a little confusing, especially for new users. But, there is nothing to worry about because we are here to help you. Below, we have listed out the pros and cons of both the methods. You can decide which one among the two is better for you. In order to transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung Galaxy S9, you can pick either of these methods.
Features of Samsung Smart Switch
- It is generally used to transfer files from an old device to a new one.
- The device that is receiving the data needs to be either a Samsung phone or an SD card.
- The compatibility with other devices is very restricted.
- It has a dedicated Android app solely for this purpose.
- Smart Switch is comparatively less time consuming as the only one-way transfer is done, but it's not as stable as Dr.fone – Switch.
- You can transfer files both ways either through a USB or wirelessly.
- Samsung's Smart Switch can be used to transfer any kind of data, like pictures, videos, music, or even transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung Galaxy S9.
Features of dr.fone – Switch
- It is a one-click professional phone to phone transfer tool. Even A beginner level user can handle it since it is very easy to use.
- Dr.fone – Switch is very flexible. It supports devices running not only on Android but also on iOS and Windows. You can transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung Galaxy S9 easily.
- Be compatible with over 8,000 Android devices.
- It does not have an app. It is only available on PC version (Windows).
- The whole process is completed quickly and efficiently, taking only a few minutes at most.
- Since it is computer-based software, it is not wireless; you will need a USB cable to complete the transfer, but it will be much more stable without data loss.
- It can transfer contacts, audios, videos, pictures, text messages, and notes, along with application data (for a rooted device).
Now that we have listed the pros and cons in detail, you can choose the one that suits your needs in the best way possible and transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung Galaxy S9 easily as well as promptly. We would recommend dr.fone – Switch for transferring your contacts from one Android device to another. You can use dr.fone – Switch to transfer other data as well, like pictures, videos, text messages, calendar, and music among other things.
After going through this thoroughly explained guide, you should now be able to transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung Galaxy S9 or any other data. dr.fone – Switch is very easy to use software that can be accessed by new users who do not know how to use the internet properly. You can reach out to us in case of any queries.