通常, 大家都稱讚Mac電腦的性能. 他們經營得如此順利，並為我們提供最終效率. 然而, 甚至Mac電腦都沒有 100% 不可戰勝的, 他們往往會遇到一些問題，不時. 就像任何其他系統, Macs too can experience issues due to both internal and external influences. One common example for such error is ‘the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer.' This error occurs when the system cannot accept or read a hard drive connected to it. But the good news is that this issue is totally fixable.
Reasons for ‘the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer' issue to occur
事實上, there are several reasons behind the issue ‘the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer.' Before we look into the solutions, it is better to get an idea about the causes. With such knowledge, we know exactly what we do.
Due to a disk failure
One of the key reasons behind this error is a disk failure. If the respective device you intend to connect to the computer is failing, the OS cannot read it. 結果是, it will display the ‘not readable' error.
If the respective external hard drive you are trying to connect hasn't been formatted, the above error can emerge. This is another very common reason behind this issue.
WD Software Bug
If the drive is not being readable, that can happen due to WD hard drive as well. 事實上, the instance can trigger as a result of a malfunction of 1394 bus.
在此之上, there can be other rare errors that can trigger ‘disk not readable' error. 也, here are the full Quick Format vs Full Format comparison and all about nvdisplay.container.exe, 以及 What is LOST.DIR 供你參考.
How to fix ‘the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer' error?
Now that you have a general idea about the causes behind this error. Let's discuss its fixes as well. 事實上, there are several fixes to this issue. 第一, let's list the solutions in brief and then let's move to the detailed description.
現在, let's take a look at a detailed description of each of these solutions.
Probably, the first solution you should try after noticing the ‘disk not readable' error is Disk Utility. 事實上, Disk Utility is an option that comes with the operating system for free. 所以, you don't want to pay extra or download additional tools to use this tool. 事實上, many users were able to fix this issue simply by trying the disk utility. Since it does not cost anything, you can easily consider it as the first solution. Mentioned below are the steps to consider to use Disk Utility and overcome the issue.
- When you connect the USB drive to your Mac, you will see an error message. Be sure to ignore it, so it gets dismissed.
- 現在, 打開 Disk Utility. 要做到這一點, you can simply choose the Launchpad on the Mac.
- After launching the app, you will have to select the USB drive, which has the issue. 然後, you should click on the button labeled ‘First Aid.' Just wait for the process to be completed patiently. If the Disk Utility can repair the disk, you will get a notification on the screen.
For many users, the above option might work. 然而, if Disk Utility doesn't fix the respective issue, you will have to try this option. For many users, initializing the disk will work, and they can use the same device without experiencing the error. 然而, there is one major drawback associated with this process. This process will erase all the files saved in the faulty drive and make it a fresh one. 在這種情況下, it would be a piece of haunting news for those who have valuable information in it. But the good news is that there is a way to recover the data prior to trying this fix. 所以, this process comes with two steps; 步 01 to recover data and Step 02 to repair the device.
步 01: Recover the data stored in the unreadable device
As a precautionary method, you should recover the data stored in your faulty hard drive. With such an approach, you will not lose any of the information stored in the device. 所以, it is suggested that you use a professional data recovery tool i.e., iMyFone AnyRecover to recover your important data from it before initializing it.
事實上, iMyFone AnyRecover is an exceptionally powerful and handy tool that comprises of various features. This software can easily recover all the types of data from external and internal storage devices. On top of all those impressive features, this product features an exceptionally friendly user-interface as well. 更重要的是, this product can recover data from devices that have various defects, including physical damages. 所以, in a nutshell, AnyRecover can be considered as the perfect solution to recover data from unreadable devices.
Features of iMyFone AnyRecover
Here are the most notable features associated with iMyFone AnyRecover.
- It can recover all the types of data from various types of external devices linked to Mac.
- It is capable of recovering all the types of files such as videos, 音樂, 圖片, 文件, 等等.
- AnyRecover supports all the file systems such as FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, FAT16, HFS, 等等.
- The data recovery process is 100% 安全. This software doesn't cause any corruption or damage to the existing files.
- It lets you preview all the recoverable data. 結果是, you can restore only the files you actually want.
How to recover data using iMyFone AnyRecover?
Let's follow the steps mentioned below to recover data from an external hard drive using iMyFone AnyRecover. After recovering the data of your faulty hard drive, we can proceed to fix it.
- 首先, connect the external drive into the Mac and then launch AnyRecover 軟件.
- 然後, you should select the option called ‘External Device Recovery.“
- 現在, define the type of the external device. You can proceed to the next step simply by pressing ‘下一個.“
- At this stage, you should define which type of files you intend to recover. 例如, if you intend to recover videos only, select accordingly. 然後, click on the option called ‘掃描.' You will see that the scanning process initiates.
- At the completion of the scanning process, you will be able to preview the files. 然後, you can recover the files using the button labeled ‘恢復.“
That's it about recovering the data. You can now proceed to the next step of this process. Your data is completely safe now even if you reinitialize the hard disk to fix errors. 好, let's proceed to fix ‘the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer' error once again.
步 02: Initialize the device
You can be 100% sure about the safety of your data because you have already recovered them using AnyRecover. 現在, let's proceed to the process of initializing the device.
- 首先, launch the tool called ‘Disk Utility‘ on the Mac you are using.
- 現在, in the sidebar (left-hand side), choose the external drive you intend to fix.
- Click on the tab called ‘抹去‘ and provide the required information.
- Clicking on ‘抹去‘ will start the initializing. 在該過程完成, you will see that the error is gone. Once the device is connected to the computer, it will work fine. Which means, ‘the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer‘ error must be gone.
If the respective drive is encrypted through BitLocker, you will see many restrictions with it in general. ‘The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer' is one of those errors. This is particularly because the BitLocker doesn't work collaboratively with Mac. The best way to resolve this issue is to turn off BitLocker encryption.
If the external hard drive comes with an incompatible file system, errors will appear. You can check the file system through the ‘Info‘ section on ‘Disk Utility.“