In the market of smart phone, Samsung has occupied the leading market in a long time. If you just selected your favorite Samsung device and want to switch to it, you can benefit a lot in the article. As we all know, Microsoft Lumia Windows phone such as Lumia 520, Lumia 930, Lumia 730 and Lumia 535 works in a totally different operating system. Thus, once you decide to switch to your new Samsung device from Microsoft Lumia phone, you will need to turn to a third party transfer tool for help to transfer files such as music, photos, contacts and video.
In the article, I strongly recommend you the most professional transfer tool, which is called dr.fone – Switch. With help of the program, you can select and transfer important files in one click! Want to have a try? We now offer you free trial version here, and you can download it now. In the following passages, I will show you detailed steps to complete the task.
Backup Microsoft Lumia 730/930/535/520 Windows Contacts
At the very beginning before you transfer Lumia 730/930/535/520 contacts to your Samsung phone, you need to backup Lumia 730/930/535/520 contacts. You can make the step through OneDrive. Here are steps for you:
- 1) To backup Microsoft Windows Lumia 730/930/535/520 phone contacts, you can choose to sync these contacts to your Microsoft account, which can be signed up through the site https://signup.live.com.
- 2) Please turn to your Windows phone and click to bring up People app. Then in the bottom of People screen, please click “…” and then “settings” to continue.
- 3) Under “settings”, just scroll down to see “add an account” under “accounts”.
- 4) You will then see a new screen in which you can add an account. Please choose the first option Microsoft account and log in with your account and password.
- 5) Your contacts in Windows phone will be synced to Microsoft account automatically in several seconds.
Switch Microsoft Lumia to Samsung Phone with dr.fone – Switch
After backup your Lumia 730/930/535/520 Windows phone contacts, you can now turn to the program to transfer important files to Samsung in several clicks. To start with, please download the program on your computer and install it by following the wizard.
Step 1: Firstly, please run the program by double-clicking to bring up the starting window. You can see four solutions the program provided to you. Let's select the “Switch” tab here.
Step 2: Now you can see a new window. Please connect to both your Lumia 730/930/535/520 Windows phone and Samsung device to computer vis USB cables. Please note that your Samsung device should be in the right side “Destination” and your Lumia 730/930/535/520 Windows phone in the left side “Source”. If not, please click on the button “Flip” in middle to make a change.
Step 3: In the middle column of the window, you can select the file types to transfer by ticking off the little box before them accordingly. Please select Contacts, Photos, Music and Video here. If you want to clear all data of your Samsung device before the transfer, you can check the “Clear data before copy” box.
Step 4: After completing the steps above, please click on the button “Start Transfer” in the bottom of the middle column. The program will start to transfer selected files automatically. You can check the process in the progress bar.