Watching an unedited can be boring as a viewer. Not only does it show that minimal effort was put into the project, but it’s generally unappealing to watch. This is why the majority of people who upload videos will edit them beforehand. If we consider how many people use their smartphones on a daily basis, it often more convenient to use a Samsung video editor instead of editing software on a computer.
The issue that lies here is simply that not all editing software is available for smartphones. Most video editors are limited to either computer, Android, or iOS. On that note, we’ll be digging into video editing and showing you the best Samsung video editor apps that we highly recommend taking a look at. Also, click to find out the top 10 Female YouTubers in 2019.
Part 1. Top 5 Samsung Video Editor
At the top of our list is Wondershare Filmora. This is without a doubt the best program that you can use, and if you want to create professional-level videos, Filmora is for you. While a premium version of this solution is available, it isn’t necessary. You can take advantage of what Filmora offers without paying as the free version is only missing a handful of premium features.
- There is a free trial version available.
- Several versions are available for different platforms.
- The best MKV cutter is easy to use for beginners and advanced users.
- Trim video clips, put music on a video, and export videos in whichever format is suited to your needs.
- A mobile version is available.
- To get access to all of the Filmora features, you have to purchase it.
Top #2 – ActionDirector
The next Samsung video editor that we recommend is ActionDirector. It is available on Android devices as well as on Windows computers – edit in the comfort of your home or on your way to work!
With ActionDirector you can add your own audio tracks to videos, trim unnecessary segments of video and audio tracks, and you can even make a video slow motion. However, to access all of the video editing features, you’ll have to purchase the full version. Nonetheless, it’s still a fantastic video editor.
- Available for PCs and Samsung smartphones.
- Capable of exporting videos in 4K resolution.
- Add more than one video to your projects.
- Free to use.
- For full access, you have to buy the premium version.
- Not all Android devices are supported by ActionDirector.
Top #3– KineMaster
The KineMaster Pro Video Editor is without a doubt one of the most impressive Samsung video editor solutions out there. It’s perfect for anyone who is just getting into video editing, as well as anyone who has extensive editing skills.
Some of the main features include clip trimming, adding voiceovers, and most importantly, drag and dropping abilities. As this is an Android application, it might be difficult for you to get the hang of adding tracks. However, with drag and drop, it’s significantly easier to use a Samsung, video editor. If you look around the internet, you’ll find that KineMaster is highly recommended as one of the best.
- Compatible with audio tracks allowing for background music and voiceovers.
- Comes with templates so that you can jump right in.
- This video editor is an Android app, making it easy to edit while you travel.
- A free version is available.
- For full access, the premium must be purchased.
- Editing videos using the free version will add a watermark to your videos.
Top #4 – Funimate
Funimate has been a Samsung video editing which surprised everyone. At first, it looks like a very basic app targeted towards a younger audience, although it has proven to be a very effective video editing application. Now, if you’re looking for a professional video editing solution, Funimate is not the option to go with.
This is simply a fun application that is mostly used for posting videos on social media. You can use it to add text effects to your videos, add extra filters, and your video could even be featured! Whenever your video is featured, it’ll be seen by a significant amount of people and will help you to get more social media followers.
- Completely free to use.
- A very basic and fun app to use.
- Ideal for editing social media videos.
- Can be used to add text or filters.
- Not designed for professional video editing purposes.
- Lacks unique and advanced features.
Top #5 – VivaVideo
Last on our list of Samsung video editor solutions is VivaVideo. This app is similar to Funimate in the sense that it is designed for editing videos that you plan on uploading to social media.
One of the great things about VivaVideo is that each step is broken. You’re first prompted to choose the videos that you want to edit and trim them accordingly. After that, you’ll be given a chance to add filters, text, or alter the speed of each video. The only catch is that once you’re done, the video will have a watermark on it unless you have purchased VivaVideo.
- Easily change the speed of your videos.
- Choose from over 200 filters to add to your video clips.
- Most features are available with the free version.
- Unless you buy VivaVideo, each video has a watermark.
- Designed only to be used for fun videos.
Part 2. How to Use Filmora as a Samsung Video Editor
Given that we’ve put Filmora at the top of our list, we feel that it’s only appropriate for us to show you how to use it. If you’re new to video editing or you’re using Filmora for the first time, here’s how you can get started.
Import Your Video
Step #1 – Open Filmora and if you haven’t already done so, transfer the video that you want to edit onto your computer. If you wish to get online videos for free, switch to how to download videos on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
Step #2 – On Filmora, click on “Import” and use the file explorer to locate the video. Repeat this to add multiple videos.
Step #3 – Similarly, if you want to add an audio track, click on “Import” and do the same thing.
Edit the Video
Now that you have your resources ready, you can get to work on editing.
Step #1 – Drag each of the videos onto the timeline at the bottom of the display. You can drag them along the timeline to rearrange their position.
Step #2 – If you are adding audio, drag the audio file from the album display onto the audio timeline.
When the videos and audio are aligned, you can move on to adding filters and such. Some of the main editing features include:
- Trim video and audio files.
- Adjust different visual aspects of your videos (e.g., brightness, speed, contrasts, etc.)
- Add transitions between your video clips to enhance the viewing experience.
- Add subtitles or annotations to your editing project.
Take the time to explore Filmora and try all of its features. Doing this ensures that you are aware of everything that it is capable of.
Preview and Export
After editing the video accordingly and you’re sure that you’re ready to continue, it’s time to export your project.
Step #1 – Using the video player at the top-right of Filmora, click on the play button to preview the video before exporting it.
Step #2 – After previewing it, click on “Create” to begin the export process.
Step #3 – There are several pre-set export options available; click on the most appropriate output method from the menu on the left.
Step #4 – Choose the device that you want to have the video exported for, choose a file location, and click “Export”.
You’ll then be able to view your creation, share it with your friends, and show off your video editing skills! As one of the top Samsung video editor programs out there, you can use Filmora to edit any video and impress your viewers while doing so.
Bias aside, any of the Samsung video editor apps in this article are perfect. Although our recommendation is trying out Filmora, using one of the other solutions will prove to be just as effective, and hopefully, after reading this article, you’ll have found a video editing app that you’re happy to use for your endeavors.
Of course, our personal favorite is Wondershare Filmora. We showed you how to use this video cutter program effectively and explained some of the outstanding features that users get access to. There’s no denying that the program is impressive!