After the release of the new flagship device Galaxy S6 from Samsung, many people want to ditch their old iPhone and get this fresh creative device. If you intend to do so, then the next step must transfer all the important files from your old iPhone to your new Samsung Galaxy S6 (edge+). We will inform you with two simple methods to transfer the files from Apple device to your new Galaxy S6 in the following part. The first one asks you to sync your Galaxy S6 with your iTunes and that requires approach to your computer. The other is one faster method that enables you to sync S6 with iCloud backup.
The data that support transferring includes music, movies, photos, calendar, bookmarks, contacts that preserved in your iTunes or iCloud. What if your Samsung Galaxy S6 won’t turn on?
Both methods won’t occupy too much time and only a few simple steps are required. Now let’s begin with the first one.
We take Windows computer as an example in the guidance. Mac users can also refer to this instruction.
- Step 1. Install iTunes on your computer and backup your iPhone with iTunes.
- Step 2. Go to https://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/ and find the option “I’m switching from an iPhone or iPad via iTunes”;
- Step 3. Download Smart Switch software on your computer and run it once the downloading process is done.
- Step 4. You are required to connect your Samsung Galaxy S6 to the computer once the program starts itself. You can use USB cable to make the connection.
- Step 5. The program will soon recognize your device and show you the current backup files from iTunes. Pick one and continue.
- Step 6. You are able to see a window that enables you to select the wanted files such as bookmarks, contacts, pictures, calendars and more. Once you are done selecting, click the button Next and wait for the transferring process to be over.
That is all you have to do for method one. Method two is even easier. But this way is only effective if you have backup your contents to the iCloud including your photos, movies and videos. But free iCloud only has 5 GB storage space which means you may not have enough space to backup all the wanted files. If that is the case, you have to turn to Method 1.
No computer is required using method 2, but you need to setup a backup file of your iPhone to iCloud first.
- Step 1. Get into Google Play and find Samsung Smart Switch. Download it.
- Step 2. Launch the app after installation and then choose the wanted files and hit the button Next.
- Step 3. Authorize your iCloud and then click Next.
- Step 4. Wait for a few minutes so that the data on the iCloud can be loaded.
- Step 5. Then you can select the wanted files to your Galaxy S6 among all the files you have backed up to your iCloud.
- Step 6. Click Next and a few minutes later, all the files you want will be transferred to the Samsung Galaxy S6.
Note: Actually you are allowed to transfer files from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S6 directly without iTunes or iCloud with the help of a professional phone data transfer tool – dr.fone for Android. And dr.fone – Switch is an all-in-one phone data transfer program for all iOS/Android/Nokia/Lumia devices. dr.fone – Backup&Restore (Android) can also retrieve iCloud backup files to Galaxy S6 & access iCloud from Android in just 1-click, transfer iTunes music/playlist to Samsung S6 in batch easily for you. We are very delighted to answer your questions if you have any question about the dr.fone. You can also play below video tutorial to know how to use dr.fone – Backup & Restore for Android step by step.