It is annoying to end up with Error Code 963 while downloading an app through Google Play Store. The same issue can occur when you install or update an app on your Android devices. If you are looking for a way to resolve Error Code 963, this article is the right place. Read on.
Although Google Play usually functions smoothly, it tends to give occasional issues. Error Code 963 is one of those common errors experienced by many users recently. in fact, Error Code 963 is not specific to a particular app at all. It can occur at any moment regardless of the app you download, install or update through Google Play Store. So, it is understandable that this error is directly related to the Google Play Store. As of today, there are plenty of Android users who experience this issue.
Just like with the other errors associated with Google Play Store, Error Code 963 too can be fixed easily. That means Error Code 963 is a minor glitch. If you experience this error on your device, you shouldn’t worry at all. There are multiple ways to fix it.
Part 1: Introduction to Error Code 963
Once the Error Code 963 appears on your Android device, you cannot download or update an app. This error is completely associated with the Google Play Store. Although many of the users get frustrated after seeing this app, they shouldn’t! That is because the errors like 963 are really easy to deal with.
Error Code 963 displays as follows on your Android screen when you try to download or update an app. “cannot be downloaded due to an error (963)”
The error 963 appears on your Android device due to a data crash during the installation of an app. In fact, this issue is commonly found among the Android smartphones of cheaper brands. This very issue can pop up due to corrupted Google Play Store Cache.
The same issue can emerge due to an issue of the memory of your Android device. If the memory is not enough to accommodate the app or update, the Play Store will display this message. Interestingly, this issue is more common with some smartphone brands and models.
Regardless of the reason, you can handle this error to the perfection. In the next part of our article, we are going to explain how to fix all these errors. To the delight of our readers, we intend to reveal more than one fix to this issue. You can try all these methods and find out which one works best for you.
Part 2: Most convenient way to fix Error Code 963
Undoubtedly, the most convenient method to fix Error Code 963 issue is dr.fone – Repair (Android). Dr.Fone – Repair is a tool specifically designed to resolve a variety of Android-related issues. It ensures a higher success rate thanks to its smart algorithm.
Features associated with dr.fone – Repair (Android)
- Single-click operation to fix annoying Error Code 963
- This specific tool comes with an exceptional success rate
- Apart from Error Code 963, this tool can fix many other issues in Android OS
- It resolves app crashing, Process system isn’t responding error, Android SystemUI Has Stopped, black screen, Android App Not Installed, error 491, Google Play Store Error 501, Google Play Error 505, white screen, unfortunately app has stopped and many other issues
- Dr.Fone – Repair (Android) is the pioneering tool that comes with single-click Android repair tool
- Even a novice user can make the best use of this software
- Compatible with Windows operating system
How to use dr.fone – Repair (Android) and fix Error Code 963
In this section of our guide, we intend to explain the steps on how to solve 963 error. But please note that Dr.Fone – Repair (Android) may delete all the data in your Android device during the process. To protect your valuable data, therefore, you should make a backup of the phone. We suggest you do this before start fixing the errors.
1) To start the process, you should download and install Dr.Fone on your computer. After that, you should select the option labeled “Repair” on the main screen of the software. Be sure that you connect your faulty Android device to the same computer after this process.
2) You can then select the option labeled “Android Repair” on the left panel. Click on the “Start” button to move to the next step.
3) When it comes to the following screen, you should enter the details associated with the device connected. For instance, in this case, you will have to provide information like name, model, brand, etc. of the phone. Press “Next“.
4) You should now type the number “000000” and confirm what you are about to do.
5) Put your device on download mode at this stage. Following are the steps to put your device on download mode.
For devices that have the home button
Turn the device off, press and hold “Power”, “Volume Down” and “Home” buttons simultaneously. Hold those buttons for about 10 seconds. Then, release the buttons and press “Volume Up”. Now, the device will enter the download mode.
For devices that don’t have the home button
Switch off the device and press “Bixby”, “Power” and “Volume Down” buttons together and hold them together. After 10 seconds, leave all those buttons and press the “Volume Up” button. Now, the device will be on download mode.
6) You can press “Next” after entering the download mode. Dr.Fone – Repair will now start to download the firmware for the device.
7) After the download, the software itself will verify the firmware. Then, the repairing process will start automatically.
8) Wait for a while and see that Error Code 963 is gone.
Well, that is exactly how to resolve Error Code 963 error using dr.fone – Repair (Android). However, if you don’t want to use this software but need to try different methods instead, read on. The next section of our article explains some other ways to fix this issue.
By the way, if you have an issue with Google Play Store Downloading Pending, here is the best solution.
Bonus Method: Fix Android Error Code 963 Effectively by ReiBoot for Android
ReiBoot for Android is another professional tool to quickly fix your Android issues with its Repair Android System function, including this Error Code 963 issue. Please follow up below a simple guide to fix your problem on the Android device.
Step 1. Free download & install ReiBoot for Android on your PC. Connect your Android device to the computer and then click ‘Repair Android System.’
Step 2. Tip Repair Now as below.
Step 3. Input your Android device info and click on Next to continue downloading the firmware package.
Step 4. Wait a few minutes for ReiBoot to download the firmware and then click on ‘Repair Now’ to fix Android Error Code.
Part 3: How to fix Error Code 963 with common methods
As you already know, there is no specific reason for this error to emerge out of nowhere. So, it is better to know more than one solution to address it. Here are some common, conventional methods you may find handy.
1) Clear up Play Store Cache files
Sometimes, Error Code 963 can occur due to accumulated cache files on your device. If that is the case, you can fix it by clearing up the cache and app data. This is a really simple and effortless process. We recommend you to do this pretty often in order to run the Play Store smoothly. Here’s how to do it on your Android.
- Go to Settings and select the option “Application Manager”
- Select the option “All” so you can see all the apps on the device
- Go to Google Play Store option and then tap on options “Clear Cache”
- Also, make sure to tap on “Clear Data”
- After doing this try download an app through Play Store
2) Uninstall Play Store updates
This is another simple method that may work on many occasions. To do this, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to Applications Manager located under Settings
- Go to Google Play Store app under All App option
- Click on the option labeled “Uninstall Updates”
3) Transfer the App
Some apps cannot be updated when they are stored on an external memory card. When you try to update such app, you will get 963 error. To overcome this issue, you can transfer the respective app to phone memory. To do that, please follow this guide.
- Select Apps under the Settings menu
- Go to All tab and select the app that gives you trouble
- Click on the option labeled “Move to Phone” (or “Move to internal storage”). Then, try to update the app once again.
4) Try unmounting the external memory
In some cases, 963 error emerges if you have used an external memory chip to expand memory. If that is the case, you can try unmounting the SD card and check if it works. Here’s what you should do in order to unmount the SD card.
- Go to Settings and select the Storage option
- Go to the option labeled “Unmount SD Card” after scrolling down
- Try updating the app
- If it works, mount the SD card and enjoy your phone
5) Remove and add the Google account
You can also try to remove and add the Google account linked to the device. Although this option sounds pretty complex, it is a very simple process. To do this, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to Settings and select Google located under the option Accounts.
- Then, select the account linked to this device located under the Menu.
- Select the option labeled Remove account.
Once the account is removed, you can add the account by following the steps below.
- Go to Add Account located under Accounts option.
- Select the option ‘Google’.
- Enter the credentials of your Google account and check if the issue is resolved.
6) For HTC smartphones
As mentioned earlier, Error Code 963 is common in some brands. HTC is one of them. You can try the method mentioned below to solve 963 error on HTC devices.
- Go to Settings and select “Apps”.
- Then, find the option called “HTC Lock Screen”.
- Click on the option “Force Stop”.
- Click on the option “Uninstall Updates”.
Check if the problem is resolved.
Well, that is our list of remedies to address Error Code 963 issue on your Android. We hope this article would be handy for our readers who use Android devices.