How to Fix Android Phone Won’t Turn On Effortlessly
Even though technology is advancing at a rapid rate, mobile phones are still one of the most problematic devices that we have access to in our daily lives. In fact, a large number of Android users will frequently run into the Android phone won't turn on an issue which as you might guess, is incredibly frustrating to deal with (especially if you're in dire need of using your device).
In this article, we'll be discussing some of the reasons that this error occurs, some of the simple fixes that might fix it, as well as how to use Dr.Fone – Android Data Extraction as a guaranteed fix.
Part 1. Why Android Phone Won't Turn On
So, before we discuss how to fix this issue, it's important to understand why the Android phone won't turn on issue arises. By understanding why you may find a fix that isn't on this list and get it fixed sooner than anticipated.
- Reason #1 – The most common reason is, of course, that your Android phone's battery has no charge and your phone needs to be charged.
- Reason #2 – If you recently installed an Android update and the update was unsuccessful, then the operating system may be corrupted and isn't able to power up the device properly.
- Reason #3 – Do you keep your phone in your pocket alongside your keys and everything else? As a result of this, dust can build up in the device's ports, and you'll have to clean them in order to restore the device's functionality.
- Reason #4 – You might find that your device is simply frozen and if you can't unfreeze it, simply wait until the device's battery dies before charging it, and turning it on again.
- Reason #5 – This reason is definitely a rare one, but your power button may be broken. If you recently dropped your phone, then this is a possibility.
Now, the reason for your Android phone experiencing this issue may not be on the list; these are just some of the most common reasons for it happening. Regardless of why this error happens, the fixes that we'll be showing you are definitely going to help you out.
Part 2. Using Dr.Fone – Android Data Extraction to Fix Android Phone Won't Turn On
Before you attempt to fix your device when the Android phone won't turn on, it's important that you fully backup your data. This might seem impossible since Android phone won't turn on, although Dr.Fone – Android Data Extraction makes this a possibility.
Before jumping into the steps that we're going to be showing you below, download Dr.Fone – Android Data Extraction onto your computer and follow the installation instructions that are provided.
Step #1 – To start off, launch Dr.Fone Toolkit for Android on your computer and connect the broken Android device using the appropriate USB cable.
Step #2 – Once the program has loaded, you've connected your device, and you're ready to proceed, click on the “Android Data Extraction (Damaged Device) feature on the left panel.
Note: if you haven't already connected your Android device then you'll be asked to do so now.
Step #3 – On the next menu, you'll be given a chance to extract data from your Android device selectively. Either check the “Select All” box at the top of the program or select specific data types that you want to have extracted. Click on the “Next” button to proceed.
Step #4 – You'll then be shown two different scenarios for your device. Click on the option which is most relevant to your current situation.
Note: this may seem pointless although by selecting the relevant situation, Dr.Fone is able to recover as much data as possible using a suitable recovery method.
Step #5 – Next, you'll be prompted to select the device name as well as the device model, After doing this, click on the “Next” button at the bottom right of the program.
Note: if you aren't sure on what to enter for the device name or device model, use the “How to check the device model?” help option.
Step #6 – Following this, you are required to enable “Download Mode” to make sure that this method is successful. Once you've followed the instructions that are shown, click “Start”.
Step #7 – A data scan will then be run, and within a few minutes, you'll be able to see all of the data which Dr.Fone has detected on your device.
Step #8 – Either check the box next to your devices name at the top of the left panel or check individual data types.
Step #9 – Lastly, click on the “Recover” button and select a file location where you can save them to on your computer.
That's all there is to it, and if you skip this method, then you're risking losing some of your personal data – something which none of us wants to do.
Part 3. Simple Fix to Fix Android Phone Won't Turn On
Now that you've taken a full backup of your Android phone's data, it's time to find out whether or not you're able to fix the issue on your own. Below we will be discussing some of the most basic fixes which typically will fix the issue. If none of these steps help you, then the odds are that you'll need to look into buying yourself a new mobile phone.
Step #1 – First, remove the device's battery and leave it removed for roughly 30 minutes. Try to turn the device on now.
Step #2 – Next, hold both the power button and the volume down button at the same time for between 15 and 30 seconds.
Step #3 – If neither of the first two steps has shown any positive results, try charging your Android phone and if you want, try using a different Android battery instead. If a different Android battery works, then the issue is with your device's battery.
Step #4 – If your device has an SD card inserted then remove it before trying to turn it on.
Step #5 – The next thing to try is turning your phone on and running it in “Safe Mode”. To do this, simply hold both the menu button and volume down buttons at the same time, for approximately 15 to 30 seconds.
Step #6 – If nothing so far has worked, the best thing to do is to wipe your device by performing a hard reset completely. If this works, then it's likely that there was a virus installed on your device, but by doing a hard reset, that virus is removed. All of your data will be lost doing this (fortunately you have taken a data backup with Dr.Fone Toolkit for Android before though!)
Step #7 – Lastly, if even a hard reset shows now avail, either send your phone to a repair shop or purchase a new one.
As we said above, if none of these steps help you in any way, then you'll have to search for a new phone. While buying a new phone can be frustrating, you can use the Dr.Fone backup to restore all of your data and make the process that little bit less stressful.
Part 4. Protecting Your Android Device
Below are some of the best things that you can do to protect your Android device and ensure that its lifetime is as long as possible.
- Always download applications through the Google Play Store to ensure that they are trusted apps which don't contain viruses.
- Install an anti-virus application on your Android device.
- Stay up to date with all of the most recent Android updates. This makes sure that your device isn't vulnerable to any recent malware or virus attacks.
- Take regular backups of your device so that if something goes wrong, you can retrieve any lost data.
- Take your phone's casing apart and remove the battery every so often to clean the inside of your device. This makes sure that no clumps of dust are causing the device to overheat.
- Use a screen protector so that if you drop your phone, the damage to the screen is minimized.
There's no doubting that Dr.Fone is the perfect program to fix Android phone won't turn on, but the program brings so much more to the table. Below are some of the main features that Dr.Fone has to offer.
- No Data Corruption. With many data recovery methods, you risk your phone's data corrupting but fortunately, with Dr.Fone, you will never experience data corruption.
- Data Preview. Rather than recover all of the data which you have lost or that is stored on your device, Dr.Fone Toolkit – Android Data Recovery allows you to scan your device and preview the data prior to recovering it. This allows for selective recovery and also saves you a lot of time.
- Compatibility. Dr.Fone is compatible with any Android version so that no matter what Android version is installed on your phone, you can take advantage of the data recovery features that it has to offer.
If you haven't already got yourself a copy of Dr.Fone Toolkit for Android the make sure you go ahead and download the free version, check out the features that it has to offer for yourself, and purchase a copy shortly after – you won't regret it.
If you follow the guidance that we showed you on how to protect your Android device, then the chances of experiencing the Android phone won't turn on issue is significantly reduced. In fact, you'll probably never experience any issues with your Android device. If you, unfortunately, do run into any errors or issues with your Android phone, we've got you covered. With the help of Dr.Fone – Android Data Extraction, you can make sure that none of your personal data is lost.