How to Solve ‘Facebook Session Expired’ Error Easily
Are you an Android user? Have you experienced ‘Facebook session expired‘ lately? Well, you are not alone at all. There are plenty of other Android users who experience the same issue just like you. But the good news is that this article comprises the solution to resolve this issue. So, read this article instead of getting frustrated.
What makes ‘Facebook session expired' issue?
It is more of a common issue for Android users to see ‘Facebook session expired‘ issue on their devices. This notification can pop up on a constant basis regardless of how many times they try to remove it. When such a message is displayed, many individuals think that it is a fault that occurred in the official Facebook app. However, the truth is different.
If truth to be told, even if the ‘session expired' message is displayed, the Facebook app might operate smoothly. The only issue they experience is the previous error message. The meaning of this message is that the respective user has logged out of the Facebook account.
In fact, the actual reason behind this issue is not related to Facebook's official app. It is the fault of your device and some of the default apps installed in it. For instance, it can be an issue related to synchronization error with calendar events or something similar. As you might know, Facebook uses your device's information to get registered in the device. This information is acquired through sources like calendar events, contacts, etc. If these sources stop synchronizing with the app for some reason, Facebook cannot obtain such information. In the absence of such data, the Facebook app will start displaying the error message we have mentioned above.
When this message starts to display on a constant basis, needless to say, it really is bothersome. Assume a situation where you experience ‘session expired' message consistently when you have something urgent to check on Facebook. As an Android user, you might love to have your notification area cleared for the sake of smooth functionality. Well, if you are facing the same type of issue always, we will explain the solution in this section. In fact, we offer three methods that can solve this issue for good. So, follow the methods below and get rid of that annoying message.
3 Ways to Fix ‘Facebook Session Expired'
1. Get rid of ‘Session expired' message by re-logging into Facebook
Many of those who experience ‘Facebook session expired' message often tend to dismiss the notification without acting to it. As we are aware, that can be a significant cause behind the constant popping up of this message. So, to resolve such an issue, you only have to do a simple thing which doesn't take up much time or effort. The solution is to tap the respective notification and reentering your Facebook credentials to log in once again. Then, you will have to follow the onscreen instructions to get rid of this annoying issue. It is that simple. A considerable number of users will be able to find s resolution through this issue. As we believe, this is the ‘go-to' option you should try soon after noticing ‘session expired' message.
2. Remove and re-add the Facebook account into your device
If the previous option doesn't necessarily work for you, you can try this second method. In fact, this is also a simple option that can deliver results faster and conveniently. You can follow the steps mentioned below to solve this issue.
1) Go to ‘Settings' on your Android device.
2) Then, go to the ‘Accounts' option located under the ‘Settings' panel.
3) Now, tap on the option labeled Facebook.
4) You can then see an option called ‘Remove Account.' Just tap on that option.
5) You can then confirm the action to get rid of the app successfully.
6) Now that the account is completely removed from the device, you will see the problem is gone too.
7) You can now restart the device and add the Facebook account once again.
8) If everything goes correctly, this option should work for you.
3. Synchronize your Facebook account manually to Fix ‘Facebook session expired'
As we mentioned earlier, this issue emerges due to a synchronization issue. So, to address the issue correctly, you will have to synchronize the respective Facebook account with the device data. If you do it correctly, getting rid of ‘Session expired' message is a very simple task. Mentioned below are the steps you should follow in order to get rid of this trouble.
1) Go to the ‘Settings' option and select ‘Accounts.'
2) Now, you should tap on the option called ‘Facebook.'
3) You will find the option called ‘Sync Now.' Just tap on it.
4) You will now have to wait for some time until the device synchronizes the data with the Facebook account.
5) Once the synchronization is done, you will see that the problem is gone.
6) That's it!
To minimize the potential of experiencing this type of issues and many others, keep your Facebook app updated. In addition to that, update your Android OS whenever it is necessary. Regular updates will prevent various issues and even help your device to perform in a smooth manner.
Well, that is exactly how to address ‘Facebook session expired' issue. In fact, when such occur arises, you don't have to worry or get frustrated anymore. It is just a matter of rectifying the synchronization issue and getting Facebook back on the track. If you ever face the same issue again, now you know what to do. Please leave us a comment below if you have any queries.