One of the worst things you can see on the computer is a program using a higher amount of core memory without letting you know what it actually does on your computer. The problem we have on our hands in Desktop Window Manager High CPU, this another service that you will see is listed on the task manager, but if you are seeing Desktop Window Manager High CPU usage, then there is a problem that you have to deal with it before you can go back to using the computer.
Our computer has a fair share of service running in the background. All of them carry a different type of information that is essential to the computer. If disabled, they will have the potential to ruin the experience of the Windows to the user. Sometimes the usage of these services will go way off the standard limit and for no reason. Some users like it that way because they think it improves the overall performance of the CPU without knowing what the services do?
Many users have reported the Desktop Window Manager using high CPU on their computer. When that happens, your Desktop window manager will always stay between 30% - 50%. This will decrease the performance of the primary programs on the computer by a lot.if you are going through this problem and don’t worry, there is a solution to this before we dig down to find the solution for the Desktop Window Manager High CPU problem on your computer. The first thing we have to know is the desktop window manager.
What’s the Desktop Windows Manager?
The desktop Windows manager is responsible for dealing with visual effects on the computer. This service enables all the programs and functions that help you see a better display on the screen. In the latest version of Windows, which is Windows 10, where the desktop Windows manager does more than what it used to stand for. In Windows 10, it handles glass window frames, support for high resolution, 3d window transitions, and animations. This service has to run in the background to carry out all the above functions every single day.
If you are going through the Desktop Window Manager High CPU problem on your computer, here are some methods you can try to fix the error.
Ayrıca, click here for everything about Device Association Framework Provider Host and the best fix for ‘Windows can’t communicate with the device or resource‘ error.
Yöntem 1: Changing Theme to Fix Desktop Window Manager High CPU
As we learned earlier, the desktop window manager is responsible for all things display on the computer, wallpaper and theme both get handled by the desktop window manager. It manages both your wallpaper and theme so that you can experience different color pallets on the changing of wallpapers. If you are facing the Desktop Window Manager High CPU, this could be one of the reasons behind it. The solution to this problem would be to change the current theme and wallpaper to the default ones.
- Go to the setting menu or right-click on the desktop and click on ‘Personalization.’
- Once you are the personalization screen, here you can change the theme, renk, wallpaper on the desktop, and on the lock screen.
- You can even switch to the dark mode of the Windows.
If it solves your problem, then there is no reason for you to read the entire article if it doesn’t, then jump into the next method.
Yöntem 2: Disable Screensaver to Fix Desktop Window Manager High CPU
The desktop window manager handles the screensaver in a system. There are many forums online discuss, screensaver being the reason for the high CPU on their computer. Your problem might share the same circle. The reason why screensaver puts a huge load on the CPU is still unknown. But the thing you can do is to disable it; once it is disabled, it’s not going to pop up on the background ever. Follow the method below to disable the service.
- Hit Windows + S to start the search bar on the start menu. Type in ‘Lock Screen Settings‘ in the search bar, then hit enter.
- Select the first result; this will take to the computer’s lock screen options.
- Once you are in the Lock Screen Settings, you will see an option called ‘Screen saver settings.’
- It is possible that your default screensaver stays activated on the computer. At that point, it will get hard to tell the difference between the screensaver or not.
Once you disable the option, you will probably see Desktop window manager using a lower CPU usage.
Yöntem 3: Malware
Malware can change a lot of things on the computer. Once they start infecting a function, they will bend the function towards their way. At that point, you will feel LAG on your computer and see all sorts of services and features using a high dose of CPU and ram usage. This will be hard to tell because you can’t locate the problem on a specific item. Because when malware enters your computer, they suddenly start inviting a dozen into your system.
Just in a minute, you will have no idea what functions to block, they will all be using a higher dose of CPU, but it gets harder to distinguish between the genuine service and the fake one. This malware would have special scripts that will make them running in the background, extracting information from your computer to their server. When they send your information, they will have to make a few changes in your system first.
Here you will need effective antivirus software to get rid of all these problems from your computer. Just get simple antivirus services that have the capability of removing the virus, not adding plenty more into the system. If you don’t know anything about the antivirus system, then there is another option that you can choose. Which is the Windows defender system, Windows Defender is the default antivirus app on the Windows operating system. That means you don’t have to pay money to get it, as you do it for free.
Follow the steps below to remove the Desktop window manager’s high CPU problem off your computer.
- Open your antivirus software. If you want to open the Windows defender, then hit , Windows + s to open the search bar, here type in ‘Windows defender.’
- If you have never been to the Windows defender settings, you will find yourself getting lost in the features as the main page of the Windows defender will have plenty of shortcuts and functions.
- On the left side of the Windows defender panel, you will see options to expand other features. Click on the second icon to see the main functionality of the Windows defender.
- Go the scan options, ı vur full scan; there is another option called ‘Quick scan.’ As the title suggests, a quick scan will be much faster compared to the full scan. But the value is higher in the full scan, As the scanning process will do an in-depth scanning to remove all the potential malware from the computer. The quick scan will only do a surface level of checkup, and it will leave out the malware that locked up in the deeper parts of the system.
- If you are using Windows 7, then you see a much simpler version Windows defender on your operating system, here at the main page you will have all the functions that will help you remove the malware on your computer. Instead of clicking on the icons on the right in Windows 10, içinde 7, you can don’t have to go through all of that, as the options will be right here at the front.
Jump into the next method, if this one didn’t work out for you.
Yöntem 4: Disable features to fix Desktop Window Manager High CPU
If none of the above methods worked out for you, then you have to disable some features to fix the Desktop window manager’s high CPU problem on your computer. gibi özellikler Setpoint, onedrive have a higher probability of making this problem happen on your computer. If you have a third-party antivirus installed on your computers, then try disabling it. Antivirus gets a stronger grip on all the functions of the computer because they have to perform a routine check on every aspect of the computer on a daily basis. This might create additional problems on your computer.
Yöntem 5: Display Drivers
A display driver might cause this problem because the function of the desktop window manager handles all things display on its services. Updating display drivers will help you get rid of the Desktop window manager’s high CPU problem. But this requires you to know additional information about the display hardware installed on your computer.
Manually updating video card drivers will take a long time to find all the information first, then putting the into the driver page to look for the driver online, but there is another way that will help you bypass all this method to update the driver. The software is Driver Easy; it will automatically find the best driver for you and install it afterward.
Driver Easy will find the driver that matches your system os version, Bits, proper hardware, Daha sonra, it will display the result on the surface and automatically download the software and install it. This will save you the trouble of picking the drivers by yourself; if you are completely new to this stage, then you might download the wrong version of the driver. This will lead to uninstallation and sometimes overwrite of the existing driver, which can make the matter much worse than it was before.
There is both a free and pro version of this software. Start your 30 day trial period; if you start to enjoy the features the software has got, then you can opt-out to get the pro version.
- Download Driver Easy and then enable it through the firewall. Because sometimes the firewall can disable the software from running. yazılımı yükleyin
- The second step is to hit the Scan Now button on the main page. This scans your entire computer and finds the appropriate drivers for your system.
- Click on ‘Güncelleme‘ right next to the driver to download and install it. You don’t have to have the pro version to do this.
- Or you just hit Update All to download all the software and install it afterward automatically.
Conclusion on How to Fix ‘Desktop Window Manager High CPU’
Now you know all the reasons to Desktop Window Manager High CPU error on your computer. Anlayacağınız gibi, this is one of the common problems that plenty of users face in their lifetime of using a computer. You can follow all the methods mentioned above to eliminate the error of your computer to prevent the computer from creating the error. Desktop Window Manager High CPU can take a lot of toll on the system, and it will slow down other functions that require the most amount of attention. Fixing it is the right thing to do here. Aksi takdirde, it will take on a much larger shape.