10 Best Turntable Under 200 Dollars in 2019
As old fashioned as the record player seems, it is far from being an extinct audio device. Sure, the older models are scarce, and for the originals, you’ll have to pay extra but let’s not forget about the new models. We’re of course referring to modern turntables that have Bluetooth, USB and AUX ports, and blast music through their speakers at an exceptionally high quality. The problem lies when you have a budget and are seeking the best turntable under 200.
Turntables are like any other product – spending more gives you more options, including luxury turntables. However, this doesn’t mean you can’t buy an amazing turntable on a budget of around $200. To save you the hassle we’ve assembled a list of turntables that are in this price range.
PS: for people who are looking for the Best Record Player Under 100 Dollars and the best laptops for engineering student, click to get one easily. And for the problem of Your iPhone Speaker Not Working, this is just for you.
“What Should I Look for in a Turntable?”
Whether you’re narrowing down a list of your own, trying to pick out a turntable from our list below, or you assign a bigger wad of cash to your purchase, there are considerations to keep in mind. Here are some things to think about when buying a turntable.
- Belt or Direct. Turntables come with either a belt drive or a direct drive. These are basically the types of drives that are used for spinning your vinyl. What your turntable is going to be used for will decide which type of drive you choose. Belt drives are ideal for general usage whereas direct drive is better for producing music (e.g., if you’re a DJ).
- Manual or Automatic. This is largely down to preference, and automatic turntables are usually a little more expensive. Manual means that once your vinyl record stops playing, you have to move the needle yourself. But automatic moves the needle for you, making it much easier to use.
- Built-in Speakers. Having a turntable with built-in speakers is beneficial in many ways, but there are disadvantages too. If you’re traveling and take it with you, built-in speakers are a requirement. But if you’re at home and want to play your records loudly, built-in speakers might not be powerful enough, and external speakers would be needed.
- Additional Features. There’s plenty of extra features to look for when buying a turntable. Bluetooth connectivity, USB ports to connect your MP3 player, protective cover to keep your turntable from scratches or damage, and inclusive cables. More features can drive up the price, but it’s not unusual to come across cheaper models with all of these things.
As long as you keep those in mind, you’ll be able to choose the best turntable under 200 that satisfies your needs.
#1 Best Turntable Under 200 Dollars – D&L Vintage Record Player
First of all, we have the D&L Vintage Record Player, an interesting turntable that combines every notable feature we’d expect into a classy box.
It identifies as a turntable, but it’s also a radio, cassette tape player, and CD player. However you want to listen to music, the D&L Vintage Record Player enables you to start listening. In addition, you can connect devices via Bluetooth and simply use its speakers for high-quality audio. Devices that don’t have Bluetooth connectivity can instead be plugged in with an AUX cable. Best of all is that when you buy this best turntable under 200, you’ll get a 12-month warranty!
- Has built-in players for cassettes, CDs, and the radio
- Bluetooth, AUX, and RCA connectivity
- Suitable for records of 33, 45, or 78 RPM
- Has powerful built-in speakers
- All purchases come with a 12-month warranty
- It doesn’t have an automatic tonearm for resetting the needle
- Bulky and heavier than most turntables
In addition, if you are looking for the Best Bluetooth Speaker Under 50, click to read more.
#2 Best Turntable Under 200 Dollars – Fluance RT80
Fluance is no strangers among audiophiles, and their RT80 turntable proves to be another top-notch product in their books. Don’t confuse the simple product that it looks like from the outside with the plentiful features that the turntable has.
Because it has a lightweight aluminum needle, all of your records are played flawlessly through the speakers of your choice. Moreover, the lack of weight not only buries any chance of screeching noises, but it stops your valuable records from scratching.
Best of all, even when you’re not using this best turntable under 200, it’s simple, but pleasing appearance makes it the room’s key attraction.
- Lets users choose between 33 and 45 RPM speed
- Lightweight tonearm and needle which maximizes audio quality
- High-quality build that will last you for years
- Confusing to set up if you’re new to using turntables
- You need to buy your own speaker system
- No option to choose 78 RPM (a common speed for records)
#3 Best Turntable Under 200 Dollars – GooBang Doo Vintage Turntable
If you look at the GooBang Doo Vintage Turntable, there is one thing that’s instantly noticeable. The upright positioning of the turntable creates an interesting and unique piece of record playing equipment which all of your guests will be drawn to.
It does include its own built-in speakers. However, there have been complaints about the sound quality of them. Thus, you might also want to invest in your own set of speakers – hook them up using an RCA cable.
- Has a truly unique and attractive wooden design
- Includes a Bluetooth adapter which can connect to devices up to 30 feet away
- Plays the three main record speeds (33, 45, and 78 RPM)
- Comes with a spare needle for the tonearm
- Plays music from USB and Bluetooth connections
- The built-in speakers don’t have the best audio quality (fortunately it supports RCA)
- Because the turntable is positioned upright, there is no cover, and it is more likely to be damaged
#4 Best Turntable Under 200 Dollars – Audio Technica AT-LP60
Does your budget restrict you from spending much less than 200? In that case, the Audio Technica AT-LP60 is the best turntable under 200 for you.
It comes in at less than $100 and is well worth buying. Audio Technica has a reputation for selling quality and reliable audio equipment – expect nothing else from the AT-LP60. It has a belt-drive, a switchable preamp, a protective plastic cover, and an aluminum platter. The aluminum platter lessens the impact that shaking and vibrations have on your records.
To be fair, there are a few concerns. For instance, it doesn’t offer 78 RPM, nor does it have built-in speakers.
- Perfect for anyone buying a turntable with a budget below $200 and even $100
- Entails all the basic features required for listening to records
- The tonearm is automatic
- Has RCA cables so you can connect your own sound system
- Only provides 33 RPM and 45 RPM, but not 78 RPM
- Since there aren’t built-in speakers, you need to buy them separately
#5 Best Turntable Under 200 Dollars – Sony PS-HX500
That’s right – the gaming console giant has expanded from the PlayStation and 4K TVs to turntables. Given Sony’s reputation, it’s no surprise that the PS-HX500 is making an appearance as the best turntable under 200.
A noticeable missing component is that the Sony PS-HX500 doesn’t have a casing that protects the platter. So when your records are playing, or the turntable isn’t in use, be careful that nothing damages the top. Furthermore, you’ll have to give the surface a dusting frequently.
- Flat and minimalist design
- Converts vinyl records to listenable audio files (requires software installation)
- Easy to set up and use with a very basic layout
- Plays music from computers via USB
- Made by a reputable, well-known tech company
- Because of how basic this turntable is it is a great option for beginners
- It doesn’t always sell for under $200 and often suddenly rises in price
- Feels and looks like a cheap and fragile turntable
- Can’t play vinyl records at 78 RPM
#6 Best Turntable Under 200 Dollars – Crosley C100A
A cheaper record player we consider one of the best turntables under 200 is Crosley C100A. As opposed to the typical wooden turntables that we see, the aluminum casing creates a stylish and modern turntable.
You can buy the C100A alone, or you can consider the K100, an identical turntable but you get a pair of Bluetooth speakers with it. The turntable can play at 33 and 45 RPM, it has a manual tonearm, and you can attach or detach the plastic casing according to your preference.
Since the Crosley C100A doesn’t have built-in speakers, you’ll also need to shell out for a set of those to connect via RCA.
- Sleek aluminum platter
- Vibration control feet reduces record interference and scratching
- Removeable plastic dust cover
- Minimalist flat design
- Built-in speakers are not inclusive
- Unable to play 78 RPM
#7 Best Turntable Under 200 Dollars – House of Marley Turntable
This next turntable has a few interesting aspects worth mentioning. The House of Marley Turntable is manufactured with bamboo and various recyclables – such a contribution to sustaining our planet is enough to have us list this as one of our best turntable under 200.
Your music will never sound better with the built-in preamp, a high-quality component that plays audio clearly and smoothly. Like several other turntables at this price range, you can play vinyl records and save them as MP3 files using the USB port.
- Slick light wooden surface and fabric sides
- Dust cover can be removed and reattached with ease
- The USB connection lets users transfer vinyl to MP3 files on PC and Mac computers
- Uses a belt drive to enhance sound quality
- Created using an environmentally friendly process!
- Has a headphone jack so that you can enjoy music without being too loud
- Only suitable for home use, not for professional musicians/producers
#8 Best Turntable Under 200 Dollars – Gemini TT-1100USB
Gemini’s TT-1100USB is the perfect turntable for DJs or any type of music producer. It has been made with vibration reduction in mind which minimizes vinyl scratches.
Unlike the other best turntables under 200 so far, you get the Audacity software when you buy the TT-1100USB. In addition, you get a USB cable with the turntable so that you can connect it to your computer and record your vinyl as effortlessly as possible.
- Made with tough and sustainable materials
- USB port which can be used to save vinyl to MP3
- In the box, there is an anti-slip felt mat, headshell, RCA, and a USB cable
- Great turntable for DJs
- Capable of playing vinyl records at 33 RPM, 45 RPM, and 78 RPM
- Records can be played in reverse
- Includes a free copy of Audacity
- The belt drive is manual
- Not ideal if you’re looking for a home record player/turntable
#9 Best Turntable Under 200 Dollars – HOFEINZ Vintage Style Turntable
Buying the HOFEINZ Vintage Style Turntable is, no doubt a great idea. Take a look at this product and the minimalist design will be enough to persuade you that it’s worth buying.
With it, you can play music from your smartphone via Bluetooth, switch between 3 RPM speeds, and if you don’t think the audio quality is up to par, then you can connect different speakers.
- Plays at speeds of 33, 45, and 78 RPM that can be selected with a switch
- Wood polish finish adds to the eye-catching and classy design
- Bluetooth connectivity as well as a USB connection port
- Built-in speakers included
- The turntable can record vinyl records without using a computer
- Slim dust-protective casing, making it less bulky and easy to move
- Bluetooth cannot be used to connect Bluetooth speakers to the turntable
- Reviews have repeatedly said the built-in speaker quality isn’t great
#10 – Victrola Nostalgic Aviator Turntable
For this final best turntable under 200, we have the Victrola Nostalgic Aviator Turntable. The authentic box design is among the things that make this record player stand out, but there’s more.
To list a few features: AUX cable jack, built-in speakers, USB connectivity to save your vinyl, and a Bluetooth adapter. In short, we’re confident that when you start playing records, the belt drive will create a mesmerizing experience for you to enjoy fully.
- Plays the three main RPM speeds
- Built-in speakers and Bluetooth connectivity
- Includes a radio, cassette tape and CD players, and a USB port
- Convert vinyl record tracks to your computer
- Cannot be connected to different speakers
Conclusion on the Best Turntable Under 200 Dollars
Grab yourself one of those best turntable under 200, and we assure you that you won’t be disappointed. All of the above turntables are excellent and affordable ways that you can get pleasure from listening to vinyl. If you want to increase your budget, then go beyond the $200 limit and check out some of the high-end record players. Use what this article has taught you about purchasing turntables and apply it to the more luxurious options if that’s the route you take, and great value for money is definite.