Top 10 Best Strategy Games Android Gamers Love to Play
Strategy games require a lot of careful planning and forethought in order to play. They are not your run-of-the-mill puzzle games. Most of them offer great replay values and keep gamers hooked for hours on end. In this article, we take a look at the top 10 strategy games ever to be released on Android. In addition, we also mention the multiple pros and cons of each game. So, put on your thinking caps and dive in.
#1 Best Strategy Games for Android. REBUILD
This post-zombie apocalypse city rebuilding game is the perfect strategy/survival game. With a queer soundtrack constantly running in the background, you are required to scavenge for resources as the human race lies on the verge of extinction.
- An endless game-play with randomly generated cities that give a new scenario every time.
- Requires the gamer to make important moral decisions that will determine the fate of your city and keeps the gamer emotionally invested.
- Provides a deeply unsettling post-apocalyptic zombie scenario.
- A disturbing soundtrack that can add quite a bit of tension to the environment.
- Gets easier as you progress and advance through to higher levels.
- Having more farmland provides easy access to city rebuilding and loses its appeal.
#2 Best Strategy Games for Android. XCOM: Enemy Within
One of the best strategy games Android users can play is this turn-based strategy game that focuses on fighting an alien invasion. First developed for PC, this series has won the hearts of millions after coming to the Android platform.
- The newest expansion has additional features like maps, missions, and of course, mechanical suits.
- Every single choice you make, from the weapons you use to the soldiers you send to battle, has an effect on your game-play later in the game.
- Easier to interact with the characters in the game with fingers than it is with a mouse.
- Provides support for asynchronous online multiplayer.
- The second half of the game feels a bit drawn out with the same options to consider.
- The vibrancy and vitality of the first half peters out in the second half.
#3 Best Strategy Games for Android. Civilization Revolution 2
Hailed as one of the best strategy games Android users can vouch for that is based around the rise and fall of empires, Civilization Revolution 2 is packed with multiple maps, leaders, and different scenarios that require careful planning and decision making all the way. As a turn-based game, the goal in this game is to create the most dominant and impactful empire the world has ever seen.
- Multiple maps and scenarios.
- High replayability of the game.
- High-quality graphics and sound.
- Every map is randomly generated.
- Every game is played differently from the last.
- The sequel contains a whole lot of features and an updated game design.
- An iteration of the Civilization game on PC and the game content is nothing novel.
- The high price of $14.99
#4 Best Strategy Games for Android. Hoplite
Hoplite is a turn-based game that rewards players for taking their time to decide their next move. This is one of the best strategy games Android users can play as this is not restricted to high-end mobile phones and can be played on low-end phones as well. It has a deep game-play, and you must be cognizant of all enemy positions and their attacks.
- The levels in this game are randomly generated which makes for a different experience every time it is played.
- The replay value of the game is high as there many achievements which require you to play the game differently to get them.
- Once you get to level 16, the altars are replaced by portals. You can win the game by going through the portal or can continue your journey and keep going deeper and deeper.
- Can be played on low-end Android phones as well.
- There is a wide variety of enemies that you will encounter and will have to eliminate.
- The game-play is quite deep, requiring you to plan all your movements and actions and to pay close attention to all enemy positions and tactics.
- The game is quite short and can be completed in a few hours.
- The game doesn't boast of great graphics
#5 Best Strategy Games for Android. Heroes of Steel RPG Elite
This RPG cum strategy game is among the best strategy games Android gamers can find. The real-time combo requires you to switch from character to character quickly which allows you to have a multi-layered strategy for any given unit. Based on the world wars, the game makes the player think hard before coming up with a strategy to defeat their enemies. The fate of the world depends on you and every decision counts.
- There is no way to revive dead team members that make it highly realistic.
- The response time is quick given the fact that you are required to switch between characters in the middle of combat.
- Low graphics quality can be a slight turn off.
- The art around the edges is rough and unpolished which keeps reminding the players that they are playing a game created by a small indie developer.
#6 Best Strategy Games for Android. Tactics Maiden RPG
One of the best strategy games Android has ever marketed is Tactics Maiden RPG. It is a turn-based game where the objective is to capture enemy outposts that are littered throughout the battlefield. It is a medieval fantasy RPG that is played on a grid map. Players control a variety of characters across different scenarios that tie well with the story of the game.
- The game can be played on multiple difficulties
- Catered to both novices and expert players.
- The AI is quite clever, requiring you to think outside the box to successfully outwit the AI.
- Multiple types of weapons and armors, ranging from standard to rare, to legendary.
- The game time is varied depending on the difficulty.
- The game is quite difficult overall.
- Requires frequent game-play sessions to get familiar with the game and to advance to further levels.
#7 Best Strategy Games for Android. Kingdom Rush Origins
After the success of its predecessors, Kingdom Rush Origins came out as a prequel to the original Kingdom Rush. No best strategy games Android list is complete without this title. Having won multiple awards, the game is a well-crafted tower defense strategy game with an RTS twist. Lead your army of elves and vanquish your enemies with new and improved weapons, magic, and giant trees. This game is perfect for anyone who has an inclination towards tower defense games.
- The production value of the game is quite high.
- Great visual and sound quality
- Attention to detail is remarkable in every aspect of the game, be it maps, colors, characters, or equipments.
- Every level contains new enemies that weren't a part of previous titles.
- The game is packed with action throughout.
- High replay value.
- Provides a great RTS twist to the tower defense elements of the game.
- The game can feel a little dull and slow at times as there is no option to fast-forward the game and get to the good parts.
#8 Best Strategy Games for Android. Siege Commander
The aim of the game is simple – get gold, get your units and fight your way through enemy territory and capture their base. Although the concept is quite simple, the game is very addictive and is easily one of the best strategy games Android players can get their hands on. Your strategizing mind will be put to the test as you look to defeat a variety of enemies, including knight, ninjas, dinosaurs, and demons.
- The game offers a multiplayer option that allows you to play with your friends online.
- The game is relatively well balanced, and if you strategize properly and make few mistakes, you are sure to get the most out of it.
- The pacing of the game requires you to constantly be on your toes and stay sharp if you want to get anywhere near the enemy base.
- Allows you to play in full-screen immersive mode on devices that use navigation keys on Android 4.4 and above.
- The game offers 18 available units, including range fighters, attackers, and defenders.
- Watching video advertisements give the players in-game currencies which can be used to buy additional units.
- The RTS game-play is evenly balanced.
- The game requires you to make in-game purchases to turn off annoying ads.
- Additional units can be bought only if you make in-game purchases.
- Multiplayer games do not get the same traction as the single-player mode.
9. Heroes of Might and Magic 3 HD
After its success on PC, the third installment of Heroes of Might and Magic is one of the best strategy games Android players must know. It is a turn-based strategy game that allows you to take charge of the destinies of mighty and magical heroes and creatures. Choose a side and take part in battles of epic proportions and strategize to come out as the winner.
- The graphics of the game will keep you riveted to the screen for hours and is one of the big plus points of the game.
- Although it is not exactly like the PC version, the base game still holds up and delivers the content that made it so popular in the first place.
- Expansions packs that came to the PC version are missing.
- A total of 13 different campaigns are missing.
When it comes to post-apocalyptic worlds, Oil Rush is one of the best strategy games Android users can play. The objective is clear – Take control of the last few oil reserves in a flooded, post-apocalyptic world where nuclear warfare has destroyed everything, and all the ice-caps have melted.
- The graphics of the game are gorgeous, and the 3D ships combined with different ocean wave's effect make for some stunning visuals.
- Free demos are available to give the gamers a glimpse of the game before they decide to make a purchase.
- High dependence on proper hardware.
- May not run or offer the best of performance on low-end Android phones.
These are the top 10 best strategy games Android players must try if they haven't yet. Most of these games have won multiple awards and are played by millions of players worldwide. All the games have high multiple replay values and are bound to keep you hooked for long.