Android is a widely used mobile operating system in the world. It has the most amount of users because of its friendly interface and open source. Android is developed by Google. This system is based on Linux. Android users can download various apps from the Google Play store. In this store, users can find a large number of apps.
As the hardware of Android mobile device developed, the running speed and storage of smartphone become faster and larger. Users may download more apps and media files, so the amount of data and files in Android is pretty considerable. Managing these files manually is a little annoying. Here, I introduce the top 6 Android File Manager for you to choose to organize files perfectly. For iPhone users, the best iPhone file manager is just for you.
- I.Introduction to the File Transfer app for Android
- II.Best 5 Substitutions for Android File Manager
- III.MobileGo for Android – Manage All Data on Your Android Phone, including the Android File Manager App on Computer Easily
- IV.Manage Android Files by making Android Phone Become an External Hard Drive
Part 1. Introduction to the File Transfer app for Android
There are various apps for users to choose for managing files on your Android devices, including Android File Manager. It is just as Android explorer. Also, this successful and high rated tool has its unique advantages. Android File Manager has powerful features which ensure it stand out in many similar softwares. A large number of Android users choose it to be their helper to manage the files. This software is not only easy to use, but also is free. Users can download it from the Google Play store.
Click to find out what if your Android file transfer not working on Mac.
Download this tool from Google Play store>> (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartwho.SmartFileManager&hl=en )
The main features of this Android File Manager:
1. By using this tool, you can view the files on your Android devices, such as phone and pad, through Android File Manager. As we know, Android system supports many formats of files including the songs, documents, videos, zip files, and .apk files. This software will help you organize your such files conveniently.
2. By using this tool, you can perform the general orders including copy, paste, delete, cut the files. Moreover, you also can use it to upload the files to Cloud and manage the files in your SD card if your phone is deployed.
3. By using this tool, you can send or receive the files through Wi-Fi Network.
1..Categorize files according to the formats. You can index the file you want easily.
2. Easy to perform orders including copy, paste, delete, cut the files through this tool
3. Share various files by this tool easily
4. Use Wi-Fi Network to manage the files
1. Crashes may be happened when it runs on low end devices.
2. Some versions have a low stability.
Part 2. Best 5 Substitutions for Android File Manager
Many developers also create the similar software for Android users to choose. Now I list the best 5 substitution for Android File Manager. They not only can do the same thing the Android File Manager can do, but also have special features for users. You can choose one of them depends on your demand.
1.ES File Explorer File Manager
ES File Explorer File Manager has a large amount of users, the data shows that the total times of downloading is more than 30 million. The development team of this software is the ESS App Group. You can download it in the Google Play store. ES File Explorer File Manager attracts most of the people for many reasons. It offers powerful functions and friendly interface and makes it overcome other similar software to be a must-have tool for Android users.
Download this tool from Google Play store>> (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&hl=en)
The main features of this tool:
1. View by the files and folder on Android devices easily.
2. Easy to perform orders including copy, paste, delete, cut the files by the file manager. Effective to use.
3. View the root directory of your Android devices through this tool
4. Easy to search the files you want by using this tool
5. Offer the function to manage the apps, not only explores files, but also installs, uninstalls and manage the apps on the Android smartphone.
1. User-friendly interface
2. Powerful and abundant features
1. When the app performs to search files, it may become irresponsive and slow
File Manager (Explorer), one of the best apps of the file manager, also attracts many people's eyes. More than 10-50 million people choose to try this amazing tool in the Google Play store. The interface of this tool is friendly to users. You can search the files on your Android devices in a few seconds easily. Moreover, the apps can help you upload and download the files on your devices by some cloud service such as Dropbox and iCloud. Besides, it is a great app manager, you can organize your apps on your devices easily. This tool can support more than 80 formats of files. It can perform orders including copy, paste, delete, cut the files by the file manager module. The app has different language versions more than 28. You can search the file by various sorting types. It is also a must have app for Android devices.
Download this tool from Google Play store>> (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rhmsoft.fm&hl=en)
1. Offer more than 26 language versions
2. Support SFTPS, FTP and FTPS servers
3. Sort files by various types and has multiple selection button.
4. Support the remote and local file systems
1. This tool drains the memory
File Expert is also an outstanding apps to manage the file on your Android device. The data shows that the total times of downloading this app is more than 30 million. It is also rated in a high score by the used users. The great interface and powerful function impresses many new users. This software is one of the best tools for the Android device. So you can try it and it will not make you disappointed.
Download this tool from Google Play store>> (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xcxin.filexpert&hl=en)
The main features of this tool:
1. The UI of this tool is very simple, even you're not good at things about the computer, you also can use the app to manage the files.
2. You can access to and search the files in a few seconds.
3. The files can be sorted and classified by the various properties of the files.
4. You also can sort and classify the files by the tags or categories you create for finding the file quickly and easily
5. You can transfer the files to your other devices through NFC and Bluetooth.
1. Directly view the songs, galley, documents and videos.
2. You can locate the root folders by using this tool.
3. You can use this tool to manage files within the system.
4. Simple and apparently to use
1. Transfer of FTP files is not satisfied with the standard.
4.Astro File Manager with Cloud
Just as its name suggests, Astro File Manager can manage the files on Android devices. This tool also has the function of rooting.
Download this tool from Google Play store>> (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metago.astro&hl=en)
The main features of this tool:
1. This tool can help you delete, add and organize the files including the apps, songs, documents and videos in the Android phone or the cloud services.
2. This tool provides a cloud service. So when your phone doesn't have much space to storage files, you can transfer the files from your phone to the free space in the cloud by using this tool.
3. This tool can transfer files easily
4. This tool has a simple user interface
5. This tool can manage apps and kill tasks. These functions are very useful and essential for the phone.
1. Simple and user friendly interface
2. It can be run on the platform of Android 2.3 or higher version.
1. Searching features is little complex
5.File Manager HD(Explorer)
File Manager HD is a famous app which used to manage files on Android devices without any trouble. It has some similar feature like the software I mentioned above, but it also has some unique functions.
The main features of this tool:
1. This tool has a simple interface
2. Offer more than 26 language versions
3. It offers a Dark and Light theme. It also can be used to compress and decompress the files.
4. This tool can support more than 80 formats of files. It can perform orders including copy, paste, delete, cut the files.
5. It can help you open the .apk files and install the apps in the Android system.
6. It supports many storages including cloud storage.
Download this tool from Google Play store>> (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rhmsoft.fm.hd&hl=en)
1. This tool has Light and Dark themes.
2. This tool has Multi-selection option.
3. Support the remote and local file systems
4. This tool supports to shortcut the files for accessing easily.
1. Most function must be paid.
2. The function of this tool is not that comprehensive.
Part 3. MobileGo for Android – Manage All Data on Your Android Phone, Including the Android File Manager App on Computer Easily
MobileGo for Android is a popular and easy-used file manager for the connection between Windows computer and Android devices. MobileGo for Android (Mac) is the other version for the connection between Mac and Android devices. Both of them have similar functions. They not only can manage the files on your computer, but also can deal with the fuel manager for apps, such as sharing, deleting, installing, uninstalling and so on.
The main features of the MobileGo for Android:
- 1. This tool can manage and view the SD card.
- 2. This tool can transfer the media files and personal files such as songs, videos, documents, contacts and more between the Android phone and computer.
- 3. It helps you send the messages to more than one of your friends on the computer.
- 4. You also can create the backup of your important data to the computer, when you need this backup, you can restore the data on any of your Android phone easily by using this tool.
- 5. It helps you download the apps and .apk files from the Google store and install them on your phone.
If you want to manage files on your phone from the computer by using MobileGo for Android, please do as the following steps:
- 1. Download the MobileGo for Android, then install and run it.
- 2. Use the USB cable to connect the Android device to the computer. If you are a Windows user, you also can choose the Wi-Fi connection.
- 3. When the device is detected, it will be shown on your screen.
- 4. Select Google Play Apps, search the apps you need just like Android File Manager, then download it on your phone.
- 5. Tap Apps, the apps on your phone will be shown on screen, you can check the app you just download.
- 6. Perform the actions such as install, backup, view, delete, uninstall for the apps.
- 7. Tap Files, you can access to the phone memory and SD card in the phone.
Part 4. Manage Android Files by Making Android Phone Become an External Hard Drive
There is another way to manage Android Files by making Android Phone become an External Hard Drive. It is a very easy way for users. You also can manage the media files in this way. All you need is using the USB cable to connect the phone to the computer.
1. Use the USB cable to connect the Android device to the computer
2. Notice whether the phone is recognized.
3. Search the Android external hard drive of your computer.
4. Choose it, the files and folders will be shown on screen
5. Now, you can import, delete, export files on your phone.
Note: Please be careful when delete the files in case you delete the wrong one.