AVI is a kind of multimedia pot format that stores audio and video content. These AVI files are usually larger. Thus, it is difficult to upload and send these files over the internet for different purposes. If you want to use AVI videos for animation, then converting the AVI to GIF seems the right solution. That's why we have come up with some of the best applications that can be used to convert AVI to GIF. Firstly, let's know about the best tool out there for carrying out this hectic task.
Part 1: Convert AVI to GIF using Wondershare UniConverter
Wondershare UniConverter is the ultimate and professional application out there, which deals with your every query related to videos. It was formerly known as Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. When it comes to converting AVI to GIF, look no further than Wondershare UniConveter.
The tool works perfectly for both Mac and Windows PC. It results in premium-quality GIF animations. Wondershare UniConverter supports more than 1000 formats. Additionally, users can download videos from various streaming sites. Other additional features include video editing, video transfer, and DVD burning.
Unique characteristics of Wondershare UniConverter:
- With this tool, convert AVI to GIF hassle-free. It supports a wide array of video formats for conversion.
- The tool features super fast speed when it comes to conversion.
- Wondershare UniConverter enables you to create premium-quality GIF files.
- It offers other incredible features like crop, trim, and edit before you carry out the GIF conversion.
- The program even offers options for selecting the file size and the frame rate.
Steps to convert AVI to GIF with Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1: Launch the program
Initially, you need to download and launch Wondershare UniConverter on your Mac or Windows PC. Select the tab ‘Toolbox‘ and then, choose the option ‘GIF Maker‘ from the home interface.
Step 2: Import the file
Now, press ‘+Add Files‘ from the window of GIF Maker. By doing so, you can import the data from the system. Next, you have to select the end ad start time of your video from where you would like to make a GIF file.
After that, select the frame rate and output size of your animation. You can save your file by pressing the tab ‘Save to.' Select the desired location on the system where you want to store your converted animation file.
Step 3: Convert AVI to GIF
Lastly, tap on the tab ‘Convert‘ to begin the conversion process from AVI to GIF.
VLC is one of the most popular applications out there. It is a great multimedia player. It is a free to employ, cross-platform, and portable multimedia player that supports a wide range of functions apart from playing videos in various formats. This program works well as a typical GIF converter.
VLC's snapshot function enables users to save their favorite video as a GIF file. There are other features that allow you to modify the video speed or choose the particular video time to capture a specific frame.
Besides, if you are looking for the best VLC Alternative, this is just for you.
Steps to convert AVI to GIF using VLC:
Step 1: Open VLC
Download VLC and launch the media player on your system. From there, choose the tab ‘Media‘ and then, select ‘Open File‘ to load and browse the AVI file from the system.
Step 2: Select the frame rate
After that, VLC will play your video. Now, select the frame which you like to store as animation. Choose the tab ‘Take Snapshot‘ from the menu ‘Video.' Your videos will be saved to the folder ‘My Pictures‘ as PNG files.
Step 3: Run MS Paint
Next, you need to run MS Paint on the system. Under the menu ‘File,' open your snapshot picture from the folder ‘My Pictures.' After that, tap on the tab ‘File‘ and choose ‘Save As.' Now, select the file type as GIF and save the file on your system.
Photoshop, developed by Adobe, is a graphic design tool that facilitates photo editing and image creation. Users can create animated GIFs with the help of this AVI to GIF converter on the Mac or Windows system. It employs layer-based editing technique for GIF creation and editing and that too, with transparency and multiple overlays.
Steps to convert AVI to GIF via PhotoShop:
Step 1: Import the file
Initially, run the Photoshop application on the system. After that, select ‘File,' and then, ‘Import.' From there, select the tab ‘Video Frames‘ and import your AVI file to the program.
Step 2: Choose ‘Make Frame Animation'
Next, you have to select the video part from where you like to make a GIF. For this, select ‘Range to Import-from Beginning to End or Selected Range.' Now, mark the box against the option ‘Make Frame Animation.'
Step 3: Edit the video
Now, check your created animation. If you like, you can insert frames or trim the video accordingly. Now, move to the animation frames' left side and check against ‘Forever.'
Step 4: Save the file
Select the menu ‘File‘ and choose ‘Save for Web.' Under the menu ‘Preset,' select an option from the GIF list. Lastly, tap on ‘Save‘ and save the file at your desired location with the desired file name.
Now, there are various AVI to GIF converter tools available online. These applications are straightforward to use and fast. The online tools work right from the browser. Here, you do not have to download or install this application. Now, let's know about some excellent AVI to GIF converter applications!
It is a widely known AVI to GIF converter that enables adding different file formats like AVI for conversion. This converter even assists you in cutting the video and setting the frame rate. Its interface is quite easy to use and fast.
Steps to convert AVI to GIF using Online Converter:
- Step 1: Open this AVI to GIF converter site on the browser. Select ‘Choose to File‘ to import your AVI video.
- Step 2: From the category ‘Options,' cut your video if required and choose the frame rate.
- Step 3: Tap on ‘Convert‘ to begin the conversion process.
- Convert local files as well as URLs
- Features a video cut option
- Supports the selection of frame rate
- Works with internet only
- The maximum file size is 200MB
It is a very popular AVI to GIF converter available online. EZGIF supports lots of video formats like MOV, WebM, MP4, AVI, etc. for GIF conversion. Here, you can select the frame rate along with the file size. Additionally, one can choose the video segment from which you like to produce GIF.
Steps to convert AVI to GIF using EZGIF:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of EZGIF from your system. Select ‘Choose File‘ to insert AVI video. Alternatively, you can add a video from URLs. Once done, tap on the tab ‘Upload Video.'
- Step 2: Next, you can see the file size and various other parameters in the next window. Here, select the end and start time of your video for making GIF. Additionally, choose the file size, method, and frame rate.
- Step 3: Select ‘Convert to GIF‘ to begin the conversion procedure.
- Offers options like file size and frame rate
- Optimization of video available for stationary background
- Import files from your smartphone, computer, or URLs
- Maximum file size for the conversion is just 120 MB
- Supports limited video formats
- The conversion speed depends upon the internet connection
It is another great AVI to GIF converter that most people admire. This professional online tool enables you to convert AVI into other popular video formats like GIF within a few easy steps. Once done, you can download the converted file from the mail sent on your device.
Steps to convert AVI to GIF using ZamZar:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of ZamZar from your browser. Select the option ‘Choose Files‘ so as to import files from the system. Alternatively, you can even drag-drop the AVI files.
- Step 2: Under the tab ‘Convert to,' select ‘GIF‘ from the supported format list.
- Step 3: Put in your email address, where you like to download or save the processed GIF file.
- Step 4: Tap on ‘Convert‘ to begin uploading the file and converting the same to GIF format.
- User-friendly interface
- No requirement of installation or download
- Fast conversion speed
- No option for direct downloading the converted file
- Features like frame rate and other parameters are missing
Convertio is one of the best AVI converter tools out there. It features more than 200 formats for conversion including GIF. The tool features a user-friendly interface, which enables quick conversion. One can even insert locally stored AVI videos or files from URLs or cloud storage.
Steps to convert AVI to GIF using Convertio:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Convertio. After that, upload the AVI file from your system, cloud storage, or URL.
- Step 2: Select ‘GIF‘ as your desired format. If you prefer, you can even save the processed file to Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Step 3: Tap on the tab ‘Convert‘ to begin the conversion procedure.
- Option to add files from Dropbox, URL, Google Drive, and computer
- Supports more than 200 file formats
- Download or save the converted file hassle-free
- The maximum file size is just 100MB
- Conversion process relies on internet connection and availability
- Options like file size, frame rate, and others are missing
Online-Convert is a perfect AVI to GIF converter tool available online. It converts AVI files and other video formats to premium-quality GIFs. The tool supports choosing a preset, modifying the file size, changing colors, and various other parameters. One can import AVI files stored locally on the system, cloud storage, and URL for conversion.
Steps to convert AVI to GIF using Online-Convert:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Online Convert. From there, select the tab ‘Choose File‘ to import your files.
- Step 2: In ‘Optional Settings,' you can select the color, size, and other things.
- Step 3: Tap on the tab ‘Start Conversion‘ to begin converting your AVI file to GIF animation.
- Import files from URL, Dropbox, Google Drive, and URL
- Features multiple options for improving the animation
- Saves conversion settings for future purposes
- Relies upon an internet connection to work
- The conversion speed depends on your internet connection
So, you can use all these tools to convert AVI to GIF animations. If you are looking for something professional, then Wondershare UniConverter is what you need. This program comes with so many different options for enhancing your animated file. Apart from the AVI to GIF converter, Wondershare UniConverter works as both video editor and video downloader. So, download the application and enjoy all the benefits!