The system of Android is considered as the best one when we talk about the use of applications and experience of seamless Smartphone. You get many messages that annoy you, particularly the ones that come from the sources that are not known to you. One of such notifications that you get is App not installed. This problem is common for all the versions of Android that is marshmallow, lollipop, and KitKat. The reasons for app not getting installed on your phone are:
- Modification of the main files unknowingly or knowingly or corruption of the app build.
- There is a chance that an error has occurred while following the permissions of Android Manifest.
- Also, there is a possibility that there is some issue with the file. In such a case you must find out whether the SDJK version is appropriate for your Android phone or not.
- Installation of an application that is unsigned can also result in app not installed error.
Methods for fixing the issue of the app not installed
- 1: Sign the application which is unsigned
- 2: Resetting app preference
- 3: Try out changing the codes of the app
- 4: Clear package installer cache and data
- 5: Enable applications from the sources that are unknown
- 6: Root devices
- 7: Set path or clear storage
- 8: Other solutions for solving the problem of app not installed
- Bonus Tip: dr.fone – Transfer (Android) – Manage, Install & Uninstall Apps Simply
Here are some of the steps that you are required to follow to deal with app not installed error.
Step 1: First of all, install and download the ZipSigner from the Play Store of Google.
Step 2: Start the application on your phone.
Step 3: Now, the dashboard will appear in front of you.
Step 4: Now find the apk file by choosing output or input.
Step 5: Now, press on “sign the file”
Step 6: Wait for the process to get completed and sign the apk file.
Here is another way that can help you fix the issue of app not installed. The steps that you have to follow for resetting app preference are:
Step 1: Turn on your Android device and then tap on to the settings
Step 2: Now go to apps manager
Step 3: Have a look at all the applications
Step 4: After that, go to the menu icon
Step 5: Now finally, “reset app preferences”
In order to use this method for solving the problem of app not installed you are required to make changes in the SDK or version code.
Step 1: Go to the Play Store and download the application of APK editor.
Step 2: After that, open the application that you just downloaded and then go to apk file and then select it.
Step 3: Now, go to common edit in order to search for the application.
Step 4: Here you are required to replace the app version that you use with another version which is supported by your Smartphone. You have another option of changing the name of the version even when you are using an older version.
Step 5: Now, make the changes applicable to the app of APK editor.
Step 6: Now, in the last step you are supposed to uninstall the application that was previously installed and install the app that you just modified.
Here are the steps that you must follow for getting rid of the problem of app not installed by using the package installer method.
Step 1: Turn on your Android Smartphone and go to its settings.
Step 2: Search for the manage apps option and then select it.
Step 3: Now, go to the system app and select package installer.
Step 4: There you will observe that there are two options, which are clear cache and clear data. In case you are a user of Android Marshmallow 6.0, then go to the storage option of clear cache and data.
Step 5: Now in the final step, get rid of the problem of app not installed by deleting the cache and data.
According to this method, the first thing that you need to do is to go to settings, security and then finally unknown sources. After that, you have to enable the unknown sources. At last, try to install the application that was previously not getting installed.
Application not getting installed can be very irritating, in such a case rooting the device is the best option that you can use. In order to do so, follow the steps given below:
Step 1: The first thing to do is to download the application of root explorer and then open it on your Android Smartphone.
Step 2: Copy the Apk and then visit the system and then finally give permissions to the application.
Step 3: After that, the app will get installed on your Android phone without any problem.
One of the reasons why your app is not getting installed on your Smartphone is because no storage space is left on your Smartphone. In such a case what you can try out doing is to free some of the space on your device so that you can download the app. In case the file is stored in the SD card, then you should check whether the card is mounted or not.
It is also recommended to store the file in the internal memory rather than installing and downloading the files of APK on the external storage as it can lead to the problem of reading that generally occurs in the Android OS.
Here are some other fixes that you can use in case your app is not getting installed. There is a chance that you try all the above-mentioned ways, but your app is still not getting installed, in such a case you are required to try out these miscellaneous options.
- Remove files like .android_secure/smdl2tmpl.asec from your external storage.
- Power off your device and restart it. You can also try out taking out the battery from your Smartphone.
- Uninstall the old versions of the application or any application with the similarity that is presently there on your device.
- Take out the SD card from your Android phone and remember not to connect your phone with the computer system at the time of installing the apk.
- Delete some of the unnecessary applications from your Smartphone that you don't require. By doing so, you will get some space for installing the application with which you were earlier facing the problem of app not installed.
Bonus Tip: dr.fone – Transfer (Android) – Manage, Install & Uninstall Apps Simply
Out of all the solutions for dealing with the problem of app not installed, this one is considered as the best one out of all. This application performs a variety of functions such as transmission of files between computer and Android Smartphone.
Moreover, it manages your Android Smartphone on the computer system. dr.fone –Transfer is 100% compatible with the 8.0 version of Android. Using this app, you can not only browse the folders and files, but you can also transfer them. Android transfer can not only manage apps installed but also app not installed in a very convenient manner. Moreover, dr.fone-Transfer allows you to uninstall and install applications in a single batch. Also, it can import contacts to Galaxy S9, transfer iTunes music to Galaxy Note 8 on Mac & put iTunes Podcasts on Android.
So, these were some of the ways that can help you in sorting out the problem of application not getting installed on your Smartphone. If you are not able to install an app on your Android device, then you must try out one of the above-mentioned ways to solve your problem. Technology has made our life easier as well as comfortable. Now, we have solutions to various technical issues that we face in our daily life like password forgotten, app not installed, alarm clock not working and so on.