What if you pull out your smartphone only to find out that its Android Home Button Not Working? Well, you are surely frustrated right now, and you need a quick fix, don’t you? If so, this is the correct article for you. We intend to explain several ways to overcome this issue and get your device back to normal.
The good news is that there is more than one solution to try if your Android Home Button Not Working. And, you can try those fixes even if you are not an expert.
What makes the Android Home Button Not Working?
It is better to get a better understanding of the nature of the ‘Android Home Button Not Working‘ issue. Such awareness will let you know what exactly you are doing. Well, there can be several reasons behind such an issue. Listed below are the possible reasons.
- The screen of the Android device has just been replaced.
- Your Android device requires an update on its OS.
- Your Android device experiences a software malfunction.
- Android Home Button Not Working due to an unknown error.
What are the best solutions to use if the Android Home Button Not Working?
If your Android Home Button Not Working, one of the above reasons might have caused it. So, let’s take a look at the fixes. As we have mentioned before, there are several ways to address this issue based on the cause. In this part, we explain the most effective solutions to address the issue.
Method 01: Use iMyFone Fixppo [RECOMMENDED] to Fix Android Home Button Not Working in 1-Click
This can be the most convenient & effective way to fix a malfunctioning Android home button. In fact, this method perfectly works if the Android home button issue has caused due to a software issue. The special software called iMyFone Fixppo will be used to solve the issue. Thanks to the convenient functionality and the powerful features, you don’t need to walk to a repair shop. Instead, you can get your Android device repaired easily using iMyFone Fixppo for Android.
iMyFone Fixppo is a highly versatile tool that comprises of various features. It is capable of fixing a large number of issues pertaining to Android devices without much trouble. For instance, it can address frozen Android devices; the device doesn’t turn on, stuck on the boot screen, etc. That is in addition to the ‘Android Home Button Not Working’ issue. In a nutshell, iMyFone Fixppo can fix any issue related to Android devices if it is related software.
Here are some reasons why you should use iMyFone Fixppo.
- This software is recommended by plenty of professional websites.
- It is specifically designed using very advanced algorithms to repair potential Android-related errors.
- The success rate of this software is very impressive.
- It can record Android devices with superb speed.
- You don’t need to have specialized knowledge to repair Android devices using Fixppo.
Now that you know why should you use iMyFone Fixppo, let’s learn the steps to use it.
01. First, download iMyFone Fixppo on your computer and get it installed. Then, you should click the button of ‘Start‘ (which appears as a button).
02. Make sure that you choose the proper information related to your Android device. Then, please click on the option labeled ‘Download Firmware.’
03. Now, the program will detect the device automatically. Then, it will start to download and extract the appropriate firmware for the device.
04. Once the device information is confirmed correctly, the program will start to fix the issue. To initiate that, you should put the device in ‘Download Mode.’ Connect the device to the computer and then follow the on-screen instructions. You can then notice that the device is put on the ‘Download Mode.’
05. When the device is in ‘Download Mode,’ the device will start to fix the device. The process will begin automatically. Please just wait for the process without disconnecting it from the computer.
Method 02: Wipe the Cache Partition of your device to fix Android Home Button Not Working
In many instances, your device will store unwanted information, and the number of files can grow over time. This information will be stored as Cache, and if you don’t clean them, the device will slow down initially. As the number of files grows, it can affect the other functionalities as well. So, you should wipe the cache at least on an occasional basis. If the home button of your Android device doesn’t work, you can clean the cache partition. Mentioned below are the steps to follow.
01. Turn the device off to begin the process. Then, press the power button with the volume button and hold them for a while. It will put your Android device in recovery mode.
02. Use your volume buttons to choose the option labeled ‘Recovery.’
03. Now, you should choose the option labeled ‘Wipe cache partition.’
04. You can use the power button to select the respective option and confirm any option. So, use the same strategy to wipe cache.
Check if the home button works now.
Method 03: Reset the device with Android recovery mode
Resetting the device in Android recovery mode is another way to try to fix this issue. You can choose this method if wiping cache partition doesn’t work. In fact, this is a pretty simple process. All you need is to follow the steps mentioned below.
01. Be sure to power off the device. Now hold the power button and volume button simultaneously and hold so the device will boot in recovery mode.
02. You can use the volume buttons to move up and down the options. Choose the option called ‘Factory Reset.’
Method 04: Factory reset the device to fix Android Home Button Not Working
If you cannot make the home button to work yet, you should now opt to a factory reset. You should know that this method resets all the settings and delete the data as well. So, before performing this method, you should create a backup of your device. Just simply follow up below the guide.
01. Go to the ‘Settings‘ option in your Android device and then choose ‘Backup & Reset.’
02. You should not choose the option called ‘Factory Data Reset‘ and then head to the option ‘Reset Phone.’
03. Enter the password when promoted so you can gain access to the device. Then, you should select the option called ‘Erase Everything.’
One of the methods mentioned above can resolve the issue if it is related to software. However, if you still didn’t have any luck, you should try a different method. In this case, we are trying to figure out a way to access the device without the home button. In fact, there are several methods to do it.
Solution 01: Use Simple Control
This is an app-based solution you can use to take control of your device without the home button. We use a special app called ‘Simple Control,’ which is a softkey app that can replace the home button. In fact, this method helps to access your Android device without the home button. You should download the app, which is available in the Google Play Store, and begin the process. Mentioned below are the steps to do it.
01. Download the option called ‘Simple Control‘ on your faulty Android device.
02. Go to the ‘Settings‘ option on the device.
03. Choose the option labeled ‘Accessibility.’
04. Select the option ‘Simple Control‘ so the app will replace the function of the home key.
Navigation Bar is another app that comes with a pretty old-school function. That means this app creates a virtual-navigation button on the screen of your Android device. This is the type of button you used to see on older mobile devices. If your home button is not working, you should use this app to access the features of the device. In fact, this app can completely eliminate the usage of the home button.
01. Before everything else, you should download the app called ‘Navigation Bar.’
02. You can go to the ‘Settings‘ option in the app.
03. You can then choose for how long the buttons should appear on the screen of your device.
04. You can choose the size of the icon as well as using the settings option. Choose the background color if required.
Solution 03: Easy Touch
This is another app that comes with several features, in addition to the home button functionality. For instance, it can lock the screen of the device, open recently used apps, control the volume, etc. After installing the ‘Easy Touch‘ app on your device, you will not feel the requirement of the home button.
01. First, you should download the ‘Easy Touch‘ app through the Google Play Store.
02. Then, you will see a floating icon on the existing page.
03. You can then configure the areas of access, as well.
Solution 04: Button Savior
This can be called as a somewhat complex option compared to the other ones mentioned in this article. However, if you don’t want to use the advanced features of this app, things are not that complex. Please follow up below the steps to get it done.
01. Go to Google Play Store and then download the ‘Button Savior‘ app on the device.
02. Once it is installed, you should toggle the arrow, which is located towards a side of the screen. Open the options.
03. Select the icon you want to have on the screen based on the required functionality.
Solution 05: Multi-Action Home Button
Multi-Action Home Button is another app that can replace the function of the home button. This is a powerful and convenient app. Here’s how to use it.
01. First, launch the Google Play Store and download the app called ‘Multi-Action Home Button.’
02. Tap on a location at the bottom-center of the faulty Android device’s screen.
03. You will see that the home button opens automatically.
Conclusion on Android Home Button Not Working Issue
If your Android Home Button Not Working, you can resolve it using one of the above methods. If none of the above works, you will have to contact an authorized service center near you. They will provide a solution depending on the type of the issue.